5 Tips for Waking Up Early

Monday, 13 February 2017

5 Tips for Waking Up Early 

Since being unemployed waking up early is a real struggle for me, not having a consistent routine down knowing I need to get up at X time and be dressed by X time or be finished in the gym by X time, has really thrown me and for the first week yeah it was fun but now it's annoying. So today I'm going to share with you my 5 tips for getting back into a routine and getting the most of your day!


Set Alarms

Obvious yes but setting your alarms is the first step to waking yourself up! My body clock tends to wake me up between 7-8am but if it doesn't I know I have the alarms as a back up!


Moving Your Alarm 

Putting your alarm across the room will make you physically get up out of bed and stop you hitting snooze! Were all guilty of doing it so doing what we can do to prevent it will help you to get into a routine of getting up early no matter the time. 



No Technology 

That means no laptop, no tablets, no phones, no iPad, no TV before going to sleep! All of these pieces of technology will simply stimulate your brain and keep it from unwinding, which in turn will not give you the best sleep state. 



Get Your Metabolism Flowing

Having a large glass of water first thing in the morning will not only help to wake your body up but also kick start your metabolism. This will in turn help you to burn fat quicker through out the day! 


Stretch 

The minute you wake up, get up and out of bed and start to stretch! Yoga / Stretching / Flowing movements will help to slowly start to wake your body up and doing this every morning will help your body get into a routine and keep your body supple. 



What are your top tips for waking up early?


Emma x

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment