How to Get Organised for Christmas

Thursday, 6 October 2016

How to Get Organised for Christmas 

I know I said it, the C word ... And yes yes it's October but I cannot wait for Christmas! I'm a big child when it comes to Christmas and I cannot wait until I'm a home owner because it's going to look like Santa's grotto from the minute the calendar says December but today I wanted to talk about the lead up to Christmas and how to get organised for it, so when it comes down to it you can actually enjoy Christmas! 

WARNING - There will be a lot of the C word used in this post, so if your a bah humbug kind of person I suggest you stop reading now. 


1. Plan ahead! Yes yes it's only October but start now, even if that's just writing a list and organising money. Estimating how much to spend on each person will make your life so much easier because then budgeting will be so much easier! You could even put this into an Excel spreadsheet and just put in everything everyone wants with costs and it will be able to tell you the total amount. Who said Christmas had to be expensive? 


2. Don't know what to get the children in your life? The Argos book is your new best friend, it's easy to ask the children what they want but get an A3 sheet and sit down with them, and go through the Argos book cutting out everything they like from it, and when I say everything I mean everything! You'll have no Argos book left but making them show you there desires and sticking it to a big sheet gives you a visual aid of what to get them and gives them a visual behaviour influencer. Plus, you can add to it whenever! Your welcome. 


3. If your anything like me and just don't want to actually buy anything at actual Christmas, start buying now! It doesn't have to be expensive and it will honestly be more cost effective. I recently took a trip to Primark and got the children in my life there fluffy christmas PJ's, the start of a family members present (can't say who or what incase they read this!), and even a few bits for my partner because this way I can spread the cost and it won't cost the earth or stress me out!

4. Don't panic buy, I you think you haven't brought enough for someone get a box and start now. Buy lots of little, fun, gadgety, foodie, princess themed, dinosaur themed stocking fillers and then at least when it comes down to it you've got your stocking fillers sorted and your panic presents. 


5. Making sure you don't miss anyone off your christmas card list is the bane of my life, so sit down and start writing out family and friends names who you will be sending cards too. It'll make it easier to tick off in the long run and you can always adjust it as and when!


6. Buy back up presents, even if there just standard Boots gift sets you'll always have emergency presents for everyone so you'll never get caught out! 

7. Google will be your best friend when your stuck for ideas, if you literally put in keywords like 'Boys/Girls Christmas Ideas Innovative' it'll give you the biggest list on earth of sites that will have some of the best ideas for presents for your super hard to buy for family/friends, and you'll get top brownie points for being imaginative. 

8. Places like Primark/ASOS/NotOnTheHighStreet will become your best friends, you can vary from super pricey and impressive to super cheap and innovative but fun. 


So there you have it, my top tips on how to make Christmas not only cheaper but more organised and enjoyable! And just think of all the spare money you'll have to spend on Starbucks by December. 

What are your top Christmas tips? 

Emma x

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment