SLEEK MakeUp Highlighter Palette – Solstice

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

SLEEK MakeUp Highlighter Palette – Solstice
 
I’ll admit it, at first I wasn’t sold on this palette. For me drugstore highlighters just don’t cut the mustard but I have been seeing this bad boy EVERYWHERE, and I mean everywhere, even Jeffree Star uses this! So I thought I’d take the plunge and just give it a go after some impressive in store swatches.


This is the SLEEK MakeUp Highlighter Palette in Solstice, and it is beautiful. This palette has a very hard sturdy metal casing, which is rare to find in cheaper products, inside is a huge mirror, mini powder brush and 4 highlighting shades. Now these highlighters are packaged in a stunning mirrored rose gold case, which for me is ridiculously aesthetically pleasing but so hard to keep clean! Pros and cons. The powder brush is good for on the go but personally I prefer to use my Real Techniques fan brush for a more precise and opaque application.


So, let’s run through the shades;
 
Ecliptic; This is the only cream product in the quad and is a stunning golden mauve metallic, that gives a real metallic, razor sharp cheekbone look.

Hemisphere; Is a purple powder (weird) … but when subtly placed on the skin it gives you a really ethereal glow.

Subsolar; Is a beautiful yellow based powder highlighter; this would suit any skin tone thanks to the depth in tones.

Equinox; Is the warm toned orange out of this quad, it gives true warmth and glow to the skin.



These highlighters are so highly pigmented and exquisitely creamy, even the powders just glide right on. They give a stunning metallic finish to the skin, which is super on trend this season anyway, and just give you a luminous glowy look. These highlighters will really enhance your complexion and they’ll last all day on the skin, without dragging down the face. You could use these highlighters on your body too but for summer I suggest you dust a bit on your collar bones and shoulders to really glimmer.
Have you tried this palette? What's your favourite SLEEK MakeUp product?
 
Emma x

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment