Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Pink Ruby

Saturday, 9 July 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer - Pink Ruby 

So I wanted a super different lip colour and I wasn't sure what I wanted, exactly, I didn't know if I wanted a new lip liner, lipstick or lipgloss. So I walked into the Tesco Beauty Department probably the most open minded I've ever been, and then I saw this stunner. 


This is the first lip gloss I’ve ever tried in this formula - it’s wax free! Photos just cannot do the colour of this gloss righteousness; it’s a true bright deep pink with this incandescent shimmer of purple running through it. The first application of this gloss is so opaque that you could get away with just once coat, it has a vivid high-impact super shine and feels very gel like and bouncy on the lips. Now, as this is a lip gloss it will still be sticky and for us long haired ladies out there, it will most likely get stuck to your hair – so just wear your hair up.

Although this is quite a bouncy formula, it does feel very lightweight and not really there. Now the packaging is simple but somehow for me, so aesthetically pleasing it’s a standard plastic tube with screw top lid and has a gem that covers the top of the lid, but the inside of the tube, I feel, has a much higher neck. It makes me feel like I’m not wasting tones of product by getting it everywhere when I take it out, and the higher neck means any excess product stays in the bottle. One thing that did surprise me with this product, is that for a Revlon lip gloss it doesn’t have the standard doe foot applicator, instead you have a brush. Now don’t get me wrong it works beautifully for this product, as it almost gets the most amount of product out of the tube without soaking it up like a doe foot.



The only thing I’m not a 100% fan of is the way it wears, throughout the day; I found I had to reapply this a bit between meals as the centre had faded out. Now for a lip gloss this isn’t ‘unusual’ but the way it wore as a bit odd, compared to what I’m used to.

Have you tried any of the Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquers?
Emma x

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment