Current Skincare - How I Cleared My Skin

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Current Skincare - How I Cleared My Skin

Now, a lot of you will start reading this post thinking I’m going to tell you there’s a magic tablet, or a magic cream, that makes all of your skin issues disappear almost overnight. But unfortunately that isn’t and will never be the case, and if it ever is than I dread to think of the damaging effects it will have on your skin. Today I’m going to talk to you about the products I use, and what lifestyle changes I’ve made to help my skin get to where it is today.

I just want to make this clear here and now; my skin isn’t super clear, amazing, no visible pores, sort of skin but for me my skin is the best it’s ever looked. So if you don’t like it, lump it.


Let’s talk about how I take my makeup off; To take my actual make up off with I use a Simple make up wipe or the Garnier Micellar Water, to start breaking down the makeup and just get it off my face. I then use warm water, a muslin cloth and the OSKIA Renaissance Cleansing Gel to start to cleanse my skin with. The OSKIA Renaissance Cleansing Gel is fortified with a potent blend of bio-available vitamins and fruit enzymes; the formula gently lifts impurities, cleansing deep into the pores whilst removing dead skin cells without irritation. I then move onto my second cleanse, now this is the step that I hand on heart believe to be a major player for my skin clearing up; the Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser. This cleanser is tic soap-free and combines extracts of aloe Vera and vitamin E to softly hydrate the skin. I’ve found that it really gets all the impurities out of my skin and banishes them off my face. I then finish off with the La Roche Posay Serozinc Spray, this closes my pores and gives my skin that anti-bacterial film over it to protect again germs. 




Next up is lifestyle changes; changing your lifestyle sounds terrifying but it’s really not, if you make simple changes then they’ll be easier to adhere too;
-Change your pillow cases once a week, all the bacteria off your face/hair/body will be on your pillow cases so changing them once a week will help to tackle it spreading.

-Drink more water, blah blah blah, you’ve it all before but I can hand on heart say that if I don’t drink at least 1 litre of water a day, my skin plays havoc with me. 

-Always take your makeup off before bed; even if you’re falling asleep and you cannot keep your eyes open, at least take it off with makeup wipes, prevention is better than cause! 

-DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE, seriously just don’t. Imagine all the things you do with your hands in the day, .e.g. touching the dog, mowing the grass, touching door handles etc … now imagine wiping your face all over where your hands would have been. Gross. 

-Incorporate more greens into your diet, honestly there the skin superfood for fighting bad spots.

-Don’t overload your skin with product, the simpler your routine the better your skin.



But my number one tip for you is to give it time; it may take a few days of a few months for your skin to reap the benefits. Just be patient with it and only make adjustments suitable to your skin and lifestyle, it’s taken me to the age of 21 to find a routine that works, and I’m still trying to perfect it.

What are your top skincare tips? 
 
Emma x

Leave a Comment

  1. Perfect post! Defo gonna try that cleansing gel out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Amazing, would love to know how you get on with it x

      Delete