Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer

Sunday, 13 March 2016

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer 

Why did no one tell me how flipping good this stuff is?! I am head over heels in love with this concealer! I did anticipate this concealer to be dry and end up being cakey on my under eye area but OMG I am impressed and converted! 


So, this is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in Light, not only does this concealer have SPF10 in it, it doesn't crease or sink into the under eye area or any other area on the face for that matter! Plus, it's super full coverage so be gone dark circles and hello beautiful awake looking eyes. The packaging is true Estee Lauder style, sleek, classic, understated but beautiful; the classic navy blue and gold just screams at me, and being sold on packaging I'm normally already half way to buying the flipping thing.


The product comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator within, so when applying to the face especially the under eye you get the right amount of product without the nonsence of having to try and multi task a product, the lid, the amount of concealer etc. The consistency of the product is super thick and creamy, which I love for a higher end concealer because then I feel like I'm actually getting my moneys' worth, and since I picked this up from Cheshire Oaks this only came too £15.00 which is a bargain.


With the concealer being so thick and creamy you might think that this is hard to blend out, but it's so easy! I use a damp Real Techniques sponge and this concealer blends out so easily and can be really spread across the under eye area without depositing too much product in one place and causing mega creasing, and for someone like me who creases at just the thought of a thick concealer it's a definite hallelujah moment. I really like to set this with my Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for that seriously well rested look.



Have you tried any Double Wear products? What are your thoughts?

Emma x

Leave a Comment

  1. I've not tried this as I too thought it would be too cakey but reading this has made me want to try it out!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your more interested in trying it out! I personally think because the concealer is so hydrating, creamy and bendable it is less prone too creasing x

      Delete
  2. I bought this one too and we are in a love-hate relationship. I love that it has SPF 10 and the color matches perfectly with my skin tone. What I don't love is that, indeed, most of the times it's hard to apply it and it becomes cakey very easy. I need to be very careful with the amount of the product I apply. Still trying to get to an agreement between us, lol. Anyway, after reading your post, I think I am going to give it another chance :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear your in a love/hate relationship with it but I'm glad your going to give it another go! :)
      I tend to apply The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cream first, followed by the Revlon eye brightener, then the Concealer (blended out with a Real Techniques sponge) and set it with the Laura Mericer Secret Brightening powder and this system seems to ensure no cakeyness or creasing on myself! It's all about how your skin reacts to the product but I'm sure it will give you the results you want soon! x

      Delete