Dying My Hair – The Balayage Edition

Monday, 28 March 2016

 Dying My Hair – The Balayage Edition

So I took the big leap to get my hair done at a Salon and I loved every single minute of it! The closest I’ve ever got to dying my hair is at home with Mum using a Boots own brand lightening kit and doing dip dye… So getting an all over dye was a huge step in my eyes! And getting it done at a salon was even bigger.

INSPIRATION

First things first, what do you want to do to your hair? Do you want to cut it all off? Dye it a super bright colour? Get extensions? Have half pink and half purple? These are the questions you need to start asking yourself, once you have a general idea you can then google the life out of your ideas and get as many photos as possible so your hairdresser has the best idea possible.
For me, that was searching ‘blonde brown balayage medium length’ and finding all different tones of colour that I liked and taking it to my hairdresser Lauren and basically said “If I gave you total control what would you do” So she came up with the whole balayage idea, low maintenance, easy to maintain and control the colour between visits and something a bit different.
Before

Before
COLOURS
Now, choosing what colourings you’re going to have in your hair can be just as scary, hence why I left my colour in the complete control of Lauren who came up with the beautiful idea of doing slightly darker roots than my natural colour but adding a hint of red in there, for warmth, taking some of that root colour randomly throughout the lengths and then adding two different tones of ashey blondes to create a really soft but dimensional effect on the hair.
During

During
THE PROCESSING
The longest part of the whole thing was the application of the colours. Lauren used a range of different techniques on my hair from directly applying the colours; too adding in foils and blending through, and using a paddle too emphasize the colours. She then let me cook a bit under a heated hair colour drying thing-a-jig for about 10-20 minutes, and we then allowed the colour to settle before Lauren had her final check and we went onto doing some subtle toning for Lauren to get to the desired colouring for my hair.
After
THE END PRODUCT

After colouring, baking, toning and washing, I had a beautiful bouncy blow dry and curl done by Tracey and wo-la my hair transformation was complete! And it looks bloody beautiful. My hair now transitions from darker, warmer toned roots into a subtle brown/blonde, and then transitions into an ashey blonde but they are all so beautifully mixed together in the hair it looks unbelievably natural, and looks killer in the sunlight. PLUS! Even the lads at work have noticed, so it must look good for blokes to notice!

After

After
If you’re looking for a killer colourist/hairdresser and are local too Coventry, then I would strongly recommend you go see the lovelies at Estilo Coventry for a total hair transformation.  
Emma x
I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above, all opinions on these comments are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment