Getting Your Fitness Mojo Back

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Getting Your Fitness Mojo Back

Getting your fitness mojo back after Christmas is hard, you’ve spent a couple of weeks eating some amazing food and some not so amazing; my Dad will never learn not to cook the leeks in the steamer with the rest of the veg, no matter how much I detest and protest it, you’ve been having late nights and even later mornings, drinking with friends and family or if you’re like me; watching your family make fools out themselves and unable to string sentences together but now Christmas/New Year is over and you have to bring yourself to sign up to the gym, like you promised yourself you would at the start of last January…or your having to pull yourself back to the gym after the festive season, even harder.
‘Skinny people look good in clothes, Fit people look good naked’



THINK POSITIVE
Thinking positive is one of the best things you can do, if you go into your new fitness regime thinking negatively your setting yourself up to fail already, so thinking positive about your workout will help get you pumped and ready to smash your daily goals. I like to think about what workout I’ll be doing that day, so it might be leg/bum day so I’ll say to myself ‘Right, today I’m going to push myself on the squats and up my reps and weight, and even if I can’t do it first time…I WILL push myself and smash it second time’ Remember, you won’t see progress over night but it will be so worth it in the end.



NEW CLOTHING
May sound silly but I find that when I buy new fitness clothing it makes me more inclined to work out because I want to wear my new clothes and see how they perform for the duration of my workout, but also because I want to see if they make me look good; especially when you take a visit to all outlet stores and get everything for a quarter of the price….not that I do that nearly every month at all.



‘Look in the mirror, that's your competition' 

FITSPIRATION
As you may have seen in previous posts I totally believe in ‘Fitspiration’ which is where you will fill your social medias or Tumblr if you prefer with your fitspiration. So for me I follow people like Hiedi Somers, Beth Trueman, Nikki Blackketter, Jen Heward etc on Instagram and Twitter, so when I see them posting new gym moves or new meal techniques I can get inspired and keep on track seeing their results. Obviously this will differ for every single one of you but it’s a great too way to be consistently inspired.

MEAL PLANNING
Another great way to get back into the swing of things, or just to maintain your current mentality/physique is to meal prep. Now this doesn’t have to be as extreme as weekly meal prepping, you can literally just meal prep the next 2 days; which is great for people, like parents, who are having to constantly juggle hundreds of different things in one go! You can plan your meals out by writing them down for the week, and if you’re having let’s say Spaghetti Bolognese on Monday, and Chicken Wraps on Tuesday, you can prepare both of these on Sunday afternoon/evening and just box them up to portion sizes, pop them in the fridge and all you have to do is reheat them. I like to make 2 days’ worth of food in advance for the convenience after the gym, when I cannot wait for food to cook I can just take one of my meals out and I know exactly what’s in it and that its good for me; I take my meals to work too for lunch - So Sundays dinner will be Mondays lunch.

SET YOUR GOALS
Setting goals and tracking your progress is a great way to keep motivated and stay on track, by simply setting your goals in place you know which lane you need to be in to get to the finish line. Set yourself Short, Medium and Long term goals; so in the short term you want to lose/gain weight, in the medium term you want to maintain the weight lost/gained and start to tone up or maintain your current physique, and in the long term you want to be toned/maintained with the desired physique. Once you’ve hit your first set of goals, start to up them – So it could be that you want to increase the amount of weight you can handle, or that you want to row further, or that you want to be able to run for longer, it can be anything just remember to build up slowly and then kick that goal.



Emma x

I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment