My Favourite Autumn Scarfs’

Saturday, 7 November 2015

My Favourite Autumn Scarfs’

It’s officially Autumn, yes I know it is depressing that what little Summer we had here in England has already been and gone in a flash but it does mean that Christmas is round the corner! So the blog will be overrun with Autumn and Christmas posts soon – How exciting!! Today I thought I’d talk to you guys about my Autumn/Winter staple, Scarfs. Scarfs, scarfs and more scarfs, there the most versatile accessory there is.


They come in all different shapes, sizes and colours and never ever go ‘out of fashion’ they can be used by the very young and the very old, so there’s never an age limit. Autumn/Winter is the time where I go under my bed and dig out my warmer scarf box, the box where I know my staples will always be on trend, in a way. So here’s a few of my very favourite ones’…


This first one is one I brought last year from NEXT and it’s massive, it’s honestly the size of a picnic blanket but that’s kind of why I love it. Who doesn’t want to feel super snuggly and warm when you’re out visiting Christmas markets, or going for a day out with the kids, or even like I sometimes do – going to the seaside for the day. It’s camel and cream tonal range makes it super on trend and also so versatile with other outfits or coats, plus it’s wonderfully soft. It’s the perfect big wrap around and tuck into your jacket type of scarf, and let’s face it oversized scarfs are always in.




Next up is two of my favourite more woolly scarfs, the Grey one is from Topshop and the Berry one is from Tesco. These two are incredibly warm so are perfect for long autumnal walks and being adventurous, without compromising on style.  They have been made in a simple but classic style, and have both lasted me over 2 years, so have been through multiple washes, got stuck in coat zippers, got dropped in the snow and been pelted by the rain but are still in pretty good condition, although a quick blast in the tumble dryer does make them look a bit perkier. The Grey is a classic heather grey used in most of the fashion world, and the Berry is slightly more red toned than purple toned but is a beautiful colour none the less.



Now we have one of my favourite more jazzy scarfs, this one came from a little market stall but has lasted so well considering it’s over 4 years old. On each side it’s the opposite to the other, so one side is blue with gold circles and the other side is gold with blue circles. It’s royal blue and gold mix makes it a real dressy scarf, so if you’re like me and live in t-shirts and jeans then this will dress up your outfit and add a little sparkle to it, plus the difference in shapes on the scarf add a bit of dimension.



And last but certainly by no means least we have the oh so humble, Snood, people will say this isn’t a scarf but if it keeps you warm and goes round your neck, in my books it’s a scarf so tough. I picked this up from Primark about 2 years ago and it’s faired quite well so far, it looks great with a leather jacket for a no fuss look and is great for on the go because you haven’t got to spend tones of time sorting it out to look how you want it too, it’s just a donught essentially.


So there you have it, these are some of my favourite Autumn/Winter scarfs. Of course over Autumn/Winter you’ll see a HUGE variety over on Instagram ( @realist_review) but I’d love to know, what’s your favourite Autumn item?



Emma x


I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment