Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Classc Beige

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

 Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Classic Beige
 
When I finished my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer I knew I had to go out and get some more but when I hit the shops and couldn’t find it in my colour…I panicked, I had no other under eye concealers and desperately needed one. So the hunt began, trawling up and down the aisles swatching as I went and eventually I found this bad boy.
 
The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer spoke to me, I have mine in Warm Beige. It has peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex to visibly reawaken and illuminate the under eye area. Was I disappointed? No I was not! This concealer really does do what it says on the tin, no word of a lie. The consistency is slightly thinner compared to the Maybelline concealer or the NARS Radiant Creamy Conealer and I personally found I had to build on it a bit to get the required dark circle coverage I so desired, but it doesn’t go cakey, it doesn’t accentuate fine lines and wrinkles, and it doesn’t dry the under eye area out. Personally I found it better suited for my skin type than the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and it's a pretty damn close match.  
 
 
The doe foot applicator makes it super easy to glide the concealer on and is easy enough to put onto a brush to apply to blemishes. I found that it does blend out best with a sponge applicator (review to come) but when I’m super rushed and just need to slap my make-up on it blends seamlessly with your fingers for the under eye area. It does provide the anti-fatigue effect and really makes me look awake; I found this concealer can be slightly slippery so I set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, in Transparent 1, before applying my Bare Minerals foundation.
 

 
The longevity of this concealer is brilliant, I can apply it at 6am when I’m getting ready for work set it with some powder and it will last me until 5:30pm when I get home and take my makeup off. Bearing in mind it doesn’t look quite how it did when I first applied it, it’s staying power is exceptional and by the end of the day it hasn’t sunk into any lines and still has a decent amount of coverage.  
 
Emma x




I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment