Bojours Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Frambourjois

Monday, 26 October 2015

Bojours Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Frambourjois
 
Can I get a halleluiah? This is the first liquid lipstick colour that actually stays put and doesn’t dry out your lips!! I intend to buy this lip product in every single colour as I’ve never found anything like it before. With 6 shades to choose from there’s definitely something for everyone to get their hands on.
 
The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is a lightweight liquid lipstick with a velvet matte finish that really lasts; I can wear this liquid lipstick for about 5-7 hours before needing a good reapplication. It comes in a clear plastic bottle and the lid matches its corresponding shade, which I thought was a nice touch when your rummaging around your makeup bag for it instead of trying to find the bottle it’s easily recognizable by the lid.
 

 
This liquid lipstick has a doe-foot applicator which makes for non-messy, relatively easy precision application straight onto the lips, although I do find a lip liner makes it much easier. It applies very wet, which I thought was strange compared to other liquid lipsticks I’ve tried and does take a few minutes to full dry but when it does, well that’s when the magic happens. This product dries to a matte velvety texture which you don’t expect nor really know how to describe, it’s still moveable around the lips so doesn’t dry them out and does have a tiny bit of transfer onto mugs etc (TOP TIP – Lick the side of your mug/glass before you drink from it and you will not get any transfer, tried and tested).

 
You can apply as many coats of this as you like, at any point in the day and it’s still extremely comfterable and won’t go flakey or messy, or do those horrible things where it dries in certain areas and makes it look patchy. This product will not budge once applied; I found a makeup wipe was the best way to take it off so you don’t end up looking like the joker from Batman.

 
To apply things like liquid lipsticks, I like to exfoliate my lips first and then apply some lip balm, whilst doing the rest of my makeup first to ensure my lips will be prepped and ready. By the end of the day it hadn’t smudged outside the lines, seeped into the fine lines in my lips or gone from the middle of my lips. This really is my hero product and I cannot wait to get my hands on more colours.


EXPERT TIP: Apply using your fingertips for a softer look or use the applicator and build up the coverage for an intense statement pout.
 
Emma x

I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment