Bare Minerals Face and Eye Brightener

Sunday, 11 October 2015

Bare Minerals Face and Eye Brightener

I am always so late to the band wagon que with new releases because like you guys probably reading this now, I like to know someone’s personal opinion on a product before I go and put forward my hard earned money. I am always on the hunt for products that can not only multi task but can help to improve/brighten my appearance, and especially if they can make it look like those pesky dark circles and discolouration never existed, wishful thinking.  So I went and looked at Bare Minerals who are my go to brand for new products because I know they will not react with my skin in a bad way or be rubbish quality, and I found this Face and Eye Brightener, naturally my thinking process was – Haven’t tried it, want it.

If you know me, and if you don’t here’s a fact about me, you know I like to use concealer as my primary product when creating my base, sometimes I only use concealer and just use a tiny bit of foundation to just help blend it with my skin. So when I read into the Bare Minerals Face and EyeBrightener (I have mine in Well Rested) a bit more and discovered it can be used underneath or on top of make-up, I was sold – Sad that I can get hooked so easily. The hard tube casing for this product is quite unexpectedly weighty, which kind of felt nice as it makes me feel like they’ve put some time and money into it, the product comes out of a synthetic brush nib on the end of the brush and with a clockwise twisting bottom you can always get the right amount of product that you want without twisting too much out.

The product it’s self is sticky in texture, which is weird because I expected it to be very fluid and slippery but does blend out easily and doesn’t feel tacky once blended. I’ve been really noticing a difference in how my makeup looks when using this product as part of my base, so before I’ve applied my concealer I like to add this; to the tops of my cheekbones, centre of my forehead/down the bridge of my nose, slightly below my under eye/dark circle area and just a little in the hallows of my cheeks/under my cheekbones. And to be honest, even without any other make up on this stuff really does make your skin look wonderful, it emphasized my cheekbones with the same effect as contouring them, helped to disguise/correct my dark circles, and helped to give my skin a glowly boost of radiance.




With the rest of my products then added on top, this product has made my skin look so flawless and healthy, plus due to the tacky application it sticks around for a very long time. I gave this product a real trial run by wearing it on a day where my partner and I went to Kingsbury Water Park for the day soaking up the Autumnal sunshine, and no word of a lie this stuff stayed put the whole time. I would definitely say this product is slowly creeping up my top 10 list for makeup must haves this autumn and will be staying there for a while.

Emma x

I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.
 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment