My Fitness Journey – Part 2 ARMS & CARDIO

Monday, 28 September 2015

My Fitness Journey – Part 2 ARMS & CARDIO
 
Today I'm going to let you in on my favourite workouts for my arms, plus what cardio I do and how I do it. These workouts will help to sculpt your arms and give natural curves a boost, whereas the cardio will help to burn fat and tone your body.
 


As these posts are quite lengthy I've split them up into 2 parts starting at the bottom; Part 1 LEGS & ABS (can be found here) and Part 2 ARMS & CARDIO
I’m really trying to work on my arms, to try too keep them toned without going bulky. Plus your cardio is what helps to get rid of fat and keep your heart strong. I find my fitness inspiration through Instagram/Twitter/YouTube and from these social media sites I have found the most effective workouts for my legs, which so far are proving to show some results.

ARMS





Bicep Curls
Standing straight with a dumbbell in each hand, or a tin can in each hand if you’re at home with no access to weights, keeping your elbows close to your torso rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. Keeping your upper arms stationary slowly start to curl the weights while contracting your biceps, start on your left arm and then alternate to your right, keep doing this until you have completed 3 sets of 10.






Kneeling One Arm Row
Starting on a flat surface place a weight on each side of it, ideally a bench would be best. Place your left leg on the bench and bend your waist forward until your upper body is parallel with the floor, using your right arm pick up your weight that you placed by the bench earlier. Pull the weight up to the side of your chest and breathe out as you pull it up, breathing in as you then lower it back down to your starting position, repeat this step on each side alternating until you have completed 2 sets of 15 reps.  

Dumbbell Bench Press
Begin to lie down on a flat surface, preferably a bench, rest your weights on top of your thighs holding onto them with your hands, once you are lying flat lift the weights up above your head like you’re pressing them but stop before your arms become straight, hold for a second, then slowly lower them back down so your arms are bent and level with your chest and your weights are either side. Repeat this movement until you have completed 2 sets of 10 reps.
CARDIO
Treadmill/Bike/Cross Trainer
I can get so easily bored of cardio it’s unreal so to keep myself interested I have to switch it up, constantly. So I tend to do HIIT (High-intensity Interval Training) this is an enhanced form of interval training, which means you do your chosen exercise for a shorter period of time but at a higher resistance. I tend to do my cardio in chunks throughout the week instead of doing it all in one go;

Day 1: 20 Minutes

5 Minutes on the treadmill with an incline of 15 (the highest) and a speed of 3.0
5 Minutes on the cross trainer   5 Minutes on the Bike    5 Minutes on which ever machine I feel like

Day 2: 15 Minutes

5 Minutes on the treadmill with an incline of 15 (the highest) and a speed of 3.0
5 Minutes on the cross trainer   5 Minutes on the Bike   

Day 3: 10 – 15 Minutes

5 Minutes on the treadmill with an incline of 15 (the highest) and a speed of 3.0
5 Minutes on the Bike    (Additional 5 Minutes if I feel up to it)


TOP TIP:
If you love the treadmill and don't want to constantly move around, try this - Start on the highest incline, for me that's 15, and at a speed of 2.5, once you've done 5 minutes of this consistency, lower your incline level by 1 and up your speed by .1, so at 5 minutes you'll go down to an incline of 14 and go up too a speed of 2.6, at 6 minutes you'll go down to an incline of 13 and go up too a speed of 2.7, etc.


Emma x
 
I am not a medical/exercise professional. All of the above techniques are based on my own personal opinions and experiences.
If you feel like you are struggling with any exercise please consult your GP or a qualified Personal Trainer first.
I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment