My Holiday Make Up

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

 My Holiday Make Up 
 
My holiday make up is even more simplistic than my every day make up, hard to believe I know. I like to try to take products that are high in SPF and will feel light on the skin but still give me some coverage that I feel happy with. I tend to wear make up more so at the beginning of my holiday when I’m not tanned and am not used to the surroundings but even then it’s minimal. 

Couple of days in and I’m happy to wear none or a little in the evening for dinner and/or drinks. I have been loving the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Natural for days when I want something that will cover and do good, and with it’s added bonus of SPF30 what’s not to love! I feel that this will be my maximum base make up on holiday and maybe some of the Original Powder Foundation in Medium Beige on days when I just can’t be bothered.


Concealer wise I like to add a tine tiny bit to the under eyes for the evening to brighten myself up a bit and for that I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light or the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. Both of these very much so take on the whole ‘a little goes a long way’ saying and that’s what I intend to stick with for holiday make up. To set my under eyes or just prevent as much shine in my T Zone I like to use the Bare Minerals Translucent powder, in the compact form as this is perfect for travelling.




When on holiday I only really do things like Bronzer/Contouring/Blusher in the evening and at the moment I haven’t found a blusher that I’m like yes that is the one (stay tuned for a possible blush review), and bronzer/contouring I only really do in the evening but every so lightly because I don’t like to be caped in makeup, Bronzer/Contouring/Highlighter I’ll be bringing my Bare Minerals California Bronze Palette. When it comes to highlighter, well what can I say, I go to town in the evening and just sprinkle a bit on in the daytime. I can’t leave my all-time favourite at home, so of course I’ll also be bringing The Balm Mary Loumanizer.

Now eyes are no different what so ever, I always use my holy grail trusted MaxFactor Waterproof Clump Defy Mascara. Hands down THE best drugstore mascara in the entire world, I don’t care what anyone else says this stuff is the bomb for lengthening, a bit of thickening and staying power. My new found love the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Shaper in Brownie, this little two in one has a pen one end to fill in and even out your brows and a pencil the other to shape and keep them in place.

(Depending on how I’m feeling I might use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray)




Emma x

I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment