Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring

Thursday, 18 June 2015

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring 
When I saw this come out from Maybelline I knew I had to try it purely because I haven’t seen a contour colour this brown, so for me this would a test on Maybelline’s ability to be completely unique in my makeup world.
 

The Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring is a small compact, with the contour and highlight powder on top and a small compact for the brush and mirror underneath. There are two colour options Light/Medium or Medium/Dark, I personally have the Medium/Dark as I have tanned skin and found that the tester for the Light/Medium was too light for my skin.
 

First things first though, the negatives; DO NOT use this brush with these powders! I found that I was having more powder around the compact and on my hand than I was on the brush, I find that the bristles are too harsh to take the powder form the compact. I’ve found that using your fingers (or a lighter fluffier brush) to apply this powder onto your face and then using the brush provided to blend it not only easier and less messy but much more effective. I've also found that doesn't last as long as most other drugstore contour powders, on me personally, I found this duo to only last a few hours before having to reapply it as I prefer a stronger contour.



I have to admit that when I saw this product I saw it as a challenge, as most contour powders/creams are more grey under toned to emphasize a natural shadow but this, this is quite revolutionary, this contour powder has a more caramel undertone which I found strange when swatching but when on the cheeks it is gorgeous. It gives a bit of warmth to the face without being as harsh as a bronzer but makes your skin look like it’s sun kissed and you that have the most perfect check bones known to man. It did impress – 1 point to Maybelline. 



The highlighter has a more iridescent glow to it with a matt finish; it gives you a more natural glow from within look and just makes you look super healthy. The highlighter is very pigmented so I would suggest taking a little and then building the intensity to your preference but I do think this would work on any skin colour. This highlighter isn’t as shimmery as the TheBalm Mary Lou Manzier for example but does have a slight shimmer to it, with smaller glittery bits in. I think this is a really pretty highlighter and is going to appeal to so many people. Overall I think this compact is such a good product for the money or if you’re just starting out with contouring/highlighting then this is a great starter product.

 
 
Emma x
 I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences. 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment