Hair Care Favourites

Thursday, 14 May 2015

 Hair Care Favourites



My hair has a bad hair day nearly every day, it just doesn’t like to do what it’s told no matter how much I pull it, tease it, spray it, pin it, tie it, straighten or curl it, it will not budge and because I do all these tortures things to it I like to make sure I can try to restore it as much as possible.




I switch up my shampoo/conditioners all the time, but my trusted brands will always be Tresemme, because it works, pure and simple (I currently love the Tresemme Perfectly UnDone Shampooand Conditioner) or TIGI Bed Head products which are the most amazing smelling products you will ever find, plus they actually work (I’m currently using the TIGI BedHead Elasticate Conditioner). 



 Alternatively, if I want my hair to do it’s own natural thing I like to give it a helping hand with the John Fredia Dream Curls Shampoo/Conditioner, this amplifies curls/waves without making you frizzy. Although it can be a little drying on the ends so my top tip would be to add in a bit of extra conditioner from a different brand when using these two. 




I like to switch up what leave in conditioners I use but at the moment my top 3 are the Aussie Leave In Conditioner in Miracle Moist or Awesome Volume or alternatively the Ojon Dry Recovery Revitalising Mist Original, these leave in conditioners are really nourishing on the hair and aren’t heavy or sticky.


As a heat protectant I use the L’Oreal Elnett Heat Protect Spray Volume on damp hair just before blow drying as the first bit of heat prep on my hair. I feel this then helps protect my hair against heat damage from the hair dryer but also helps to prevent split ends or breakage as I have colour treated hair.
For shine and split end recovery I really like to use an oil. I'm currently loving the OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Instant Repair Weightless Healing Oil on damp/dry hair (sort of half way through blow drying stage) on the mid lengths to the ends to help give my hair that just stepped out of the salon shine but also to help prevent split ends or breakage. A bonus about this product this that it isn't weighty and won't make your hair look greasy. It's epescially useful on day 2 hair as it helps give it a bit of life.


Emma x

 I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment